Not sure if Invisalign is the right choice to correct your overbite or other orthodontic problem? Dr. Siamak Aalemansour, Dr. Fariborz Baik and Dr. Sherwin Esfandiari, your Bowie, MD dentists, are here to share information about Invisalign and describe the dental issues it treats.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the perfect brace system for people who want to straighten their teeth or correct an orthodontic issue, but don't want to wear traditional braces. Invisalign doesn't rely on wires and brackets attached to the teeth to improve alignment. Instead, you'll wear a series of clear aligner trays that can be removed for short periods when you eat or attend special events. Every two weeks, you'll begin wearing another new set of aligners.
What issues does Invisalign correct?
Invisalign corrects the same issues as traditional brace systems. Although it's not recommended for severe issues, Invisalign offers excellent results if you have mild to moderate orthodontic problems, including:
- Overbite: An overbite occurs when your upper teeth protrude over your lower teeth. An overbite may make you feel self-conscious about your smile and can increase your risk of jaw or gum problems if it isn't corrected.
- Underbite: Your lower teeth protrude farther than your upper teeth when you have an underbite. The issue can cause jaw problems and abnormal wear on your teeth.
- Crowding: Crowding is easily relieved by using the Invisalign aligners. Your dentist uses X-rays, photographs and impressions of your teeth to create a series of aligners that will correct your problem.
- Gaps: Gaps are not only unsightly but can also increase your risk of developing gum disease. The Invisalign system slowly closes spaces and improves the appearance of your smile.
- Open Bite: All of your upper teeth don't make contact with your lower teeth if you have an open bite, which can cause trouble chewing or speaking clearly.
- Crossbite: Crossbites occur when you have alignment problems in both your upper and lower jaws. Chewing can be difficult or painful if you have a crossbite. You may also experience gum disease, tooth erosion or bone loss if you don't correct the problem.
Contact Your Bowie, MD Dentists
Are you interested in learning more about Invisalign? Call Dr. Aalemansour, Dr. Baik and Dr. Esfandiari, your Bowie, MD dentists, at (301) 809-0029 to schedule an appointment. Transform your smile with Invisalign!
Omni Dental Group
Bowie, MD 20716
- Dental Hygiene (1)
- Oral Health (1)
- Veneers (3)
- Tooth Restorations (1)
- Missing Teeth (1)
- Dental Implants (4)
- Invisalign (4)
- Cosmetic Dentistry (4)
- Teeth Whitening (1)
- Cosmetic Dentist (1)
- Dentist (1)
- Preventive Care (1)
- Dental Check-ups (1)
- Family Dentist (1)
- Dentures (1)
- restorative dentistry (1)
- oral hygiene (1)